What is Capturebot?
Capturebot is a tool to apply metadata to images (or any file with EXIF metadata) by mapping between source fields and EXIF tags. It helps automate the process by matching file names and actual files on disk, ensuring each image has the right metadata.
Capturebot can be used in a number of different situations.
- If your client has given you metadata for images apply it all at once, rather than copying and pasting between fields
- For a large studio, set up mappings ahead of time for techs on set to use
- Use the mini-shotlist to track your progress during a shoot
- Ensure files are named correctly by using the vatious header matching styles
- Map art director ratings back to the original RAW files